Considering a Female Plastic Surgeon for Breast Implants in Scottsdale?
Many women prefer a female plastic surgeon for their breast augmentation in Scottsdale to add volume to their breasts with implants. Genetics, pregnancy, weight loss, and aging can all affect the size and shape of the breasts. If you are unhappy with yours, a breast augmentation procedure can help you reach your desired appearance.
Women seek breast implants in Scottsdale for various reasons: smaller breasts than desired, asymmetrical in shape or size, or changed by pregnancy or nursing. Dr. Ashley Howarth is a female plastic surgeon in Arizona offering breast augmentation and a range of other breast procedures, including breast lifts and reductions, tummy tucks, liposuction, and mommy makeovers in Scottsdale.
Types of Breast Implants
Depending on your specific needs, there are a few different types of breast implants. The types of breast implants available include:
- Saline breast implants. These implants, like all implants, are made with a silicone shell. However, these implants are filled with saline. Saline implants are often considered the safest choice in case of a rupture. They are also filled after placement, resulting in a smaller incision and scar.
- Silicone breast implants. Silicone implants are prefilled to a specific shape and size before use. Silicone implants closely mimic the feel of natural breast tissue and often have a more natural look than their saline counterparts. They also offer a range of options regarding texture and shape.
- Gummy bear implants. “Gummy bear” implants are a specific form of silicone implant designed to maintain their position and shape better than other types. However, they do tend to be firmer than other implants.
- Auto-augmentation with fat grafting. Patients who would like a breast augmentation procedure that does not include implants may be interested in fat grafting. This procedure involves removing fat from another area of your body and transplanting it into the breast and is a natural alternative to breast implants that does not require any maintenance.
Dr. Howarth will discuss these options with you and help you choose the best option for your individual needs, preferences, and expectations.
Why Choose a Female Surgeon in Scottsdale?
When considering plastic surgery, it is essential to choose the right surgeon. If you are a woman, a female plastic surgeon in Scottsdale might be the best choice. There are several reasons that you might prefer a female surgeon, such as:
- A deep knowledge of the female anatomy. You might find it comforting to have a surgeon who can understand what you’re feeling about your body from a woman’s perspective.
- Compassion and sensitivity. When it comes to body insecurities, a female doctor may have a little more understanding and sensitivity. While men do face societal pressures, a female surgeon can likely relate more to your particular struggles as a woman.
- Open communication. Women are commonly known for being stronger communicators. While this isn’t always the case, in general, a female provider may offer more explicit and more comfortable communication between doctor and patient.
Dr. Ashley Howarth is one of Scottsdale’s leading plastic surgeons known for her attention to detail and natural-looking results. Dr. Howarth offers a combination of technical expertise and compassionate care. She will listen closely to your needs and take the time to answer all your questions, such as, “Am I a good candidate for breast augmentation?” and “How much does a breast augmentation cost in Scottsdale?” If you are unhappy with your breasts’ appearance and would like to make a change, request a consultation with Dr. Howarth today.